Re: [WW] Remnents of War

richard spangle wrote:
> >>My new idea is that the War of the Worlds happened, in England
> >>anyway but was somehow covered up. The Naxis are about to find an
> >>honest and fer real Foo Fighter. Actually a Walker. I may make it a
> >>race to get the ship, or maybe just have it show up on the
> >>battlefield..
> >
> >How would it get covered up? Something like the near total
> >destruction of London would be rather hard to hide. And I do recall
> >other countries getting hit, not just Britain.

Ohhh, I think that just about anything can be covered up.  You just need
a scapegoat.

> as i recall from the book, they never specifically mentioned that the rest
> of the world was under attack. after the breakout at (horseshoe common i

If perchance an alien invasion to take the world occurs in a WW
timeline, one should remember that common enemies make strange
bedfellows.  Another thought is to run it more along an x-com style,
with a government becoming allies with the alien threat.  Not
necessarily an axis nation either ;)

Cap