Re: [WW] Remnents of War

In a message dated 11/13/01 8:06:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, lost_rich@hotmail.com writes:

as i recall from the book, they never specifically mentioned that the rest
of the world was under attack. after the breakout at (horseshoe common i
think) communications about just kinda fell apart. so perhaps the "invasion"
could be an isolated thing (martians looking for a new home, why not start
off on a small island chain. then, after establishing themselves, spread
out). shift the history of the book slightly and have the "invasion"
actually occured during the chaos of the great war. after the fall of
germany and the failure of the martians, the government could "write it off"
to german gas weapons, zeppelins and mass hystaria.  that creates the
foundation i think. come to think of it, mind if i use some of it in my
campaign?

Feel free! I've been looking for a way to imcorporate Wells, Verne and the rest into my games forever.