Re: [WW] Firing main guns (vehicle weapons) at PCs or NPCs

Hi Eric!

Main guns are not designed to shoot at squirrels.

You'd probably add size (a lot!) and movement modifiers, assing
another modifier if you have to traverse the turret gun (moving it
side to side, because that's very slow going, normally and then you'd
shoot. Most of the time you would not go for direct hit but the
explosion effects.

Depending on the circumstances (like a fast moving target moving
across the fof of the tank, the tank crew might have to win the
initiative in order to get a decent shot of at all.

Game Masters discretion...

> I just joined the list server and may have missed a discussion on this.  My appologies in advance.

> I have been reading the Combat rules for vehicles in BOTR (pages 100-112), and I can't find any discussion on firing main guns at people.  I expected to find some modifiers for firing at small,
> mobile targets like people rather than the large armored targets that the slow to move main guns were designed for.

> If not, I'm not complaining.  I like the idea of punching someone's favorite character with 8d12 points of damage from an armor piercing round of the Tiger's 88L56 cannon!

> Who has 8 12 siders?  I'll have to stop by the local gaming store and stock up!

Well, some people use one and their brain to add up ;-). Or a sheet of
paper.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833