[WW] Reporting for duty

Hi All,

I just signed on to the list a few days ago and I just wanted to do a quick
introduction.

My name is Mike Montesa and I'm currently working of the Weird Wars Pacific
Theater book. It's a lot of work and not always easy, but it's exciting.
This book is not my first. If you dig hard enough, you might find a moldy
copy of "Cryptic Campaigns" by the now defunct WEG lying around, which I
co-authored with Steve "Stan!" Brown of WotC. More recently, I wrote
"Shiki" for GRG's Sengoku line (which garnered an Origins nomination I am
proud to say).

Kinda sets the bar a bit high for any further work I do, but it's a good
standard to shoot for right? :-)

Anyway, I've been living and working in Japan for the past 11 years, so
hopefully the experience has provided me with some insight into Japanese
culture and customs, which I hope to express in the book.

I'm a long time WW2 buff, and I grew up on watching all those war movies on
Sunday afternoons, and "Black Sheep Squadron" Tuesday nights. My father was
also held prisoner by the Japanese in a civilian concentration camp in the
Philippines during the war, so this project resonates with me on a personal
level too.

I won't let on what all is going to be in the book just yet of course, but
you'll get lots of Japanese equipment including aircraft, US Navy and
Marine aircraft, new character types, some...interesting prestige classes,
PT boats, and some naval weapons, campaign hints, adventure seeds...
There'll be more too as I'm still working on it.

If you've got any suggestions or comments, I'd be happy to hear what you
have to say.

Uh oh! That turned out to be a bit long! Sorry!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to work!  :-)

Mike

*     "Show me a hero, and I'll prove he's a bum."         *
*     - Greg "Pappy" Boyington,                            *
*       Top scoring USMC fighter ace of WW2 -              *