RE: [WW] The Lancaster & Game Layout

>From: "J. Prentice" <Pren2@fsuimail.ferris.edu>
>/snip
>/
>/also, i was wondering what "fun" things other WM's are doing out there for
>/their groups to make things more interesting (special events, unique
>/advnetures, game layout, etc).
>
>Well, for some of my players, before we started out, I ran them through
>"Basic Training" allowing them to get the feel of being soldiers and taking
>the time to familiarize them with the rank structure, formalities with
>addressing officers, and concepts like the chain of command, etc.  My
>players also had a blast being able to earn expert, sharpshooter, or
>marksman  badges for "qualifying" with their weapons.  All in all, I found
>it was and excellent way to give my players, who had no experience with the
>military, just a taste of what it was like to be a private.
---------------------->
WOW! what a neat idea. but i fear half of my players would die after about
10 minutes (as would i, it's been a good 15 years since a DS called me
maggot!!!!!). on the other hand, could be fun for a summer away from the
wife and kids... hummmmm.......

>PS - Anyone find out what the rules on flame thrower fuel capacity is yet?
------------------->
the WWII encyclopedia i have (World War II: A Visual Encyclopedia; PRC
Publishing Ltd; 1977/ud1999) lists the british 'ack pack' as...
"...weighed 49lbs when filled with four gallons of fues, could be fired no
more than ten times, each a ten-second shot and had a maximum range of
50yds."

hope this helps some...

...the rich
"why has the car stopped?"