Re: [WW] To Weird or not to weird

My players(and me for that matter) are all 20 something guys who have never
served in any sort of military nor have any training(except maybe the boy
scouts).  Until the very recent times most WW2 movies I saw where those John
Wayne heroic not so realistic types.

When I started to run, I was trying for a Saving Private Ryan type campaign.
  Very brutal, realistic, very little supernatural.  But my players were not
enjoying it.  So I began to add the supernatural more.  My player then
started doing insane stunts and yelling funny patriotic one liners.  The
next thing I knew it my players nick named the Campaign "Sergant Granite and
the Ground Bounders" and I was running a pulp action RPG.  Don't get me
wrong its still deadly(Srg Granite is one in a long line of dead Srgt.)and
scary but they seemed to like it a little more off the wall.

Dan