RE: [WW] Future Lines

-----Original Message-----
The War of Independence/Insurrection lends itself to
me as being more interesting. I do hope however that
the authors involved balance out the “weird” component
between the sides. It would be nice if the courageous
Imperial soldiers are able to get their own back
against the filthy insurrectionists once and a while
when it comes to strange happenings and weird stuff.
After watching half of “The Patriot” I’m hoping that
this book isn’t quite as one sided as the other
portrayals have been. Still, it was funny to see two
Australians lead the Yanks to victory :-)
--------------------------

As the author of said book, I'm glad to hear that you're interested
(Although I wouldn't dismiss Christopher's work just yet -- he's a creative
and learned man and I'm sure that he'll surprise all of us with what he's
preparing.).

As you're the second one I've heard hope that "The Patriot" won't be in the
book, let me assure you that you're safe.  I haven't even seen the film.  My
primary screen sources are right now limited to a series of documentaries
(PBS' "Liberty!", TLC's "The Revolutionary War," and A&E/The History
Channel's "The American Revolution") and Walt Disney's "The Headless
Horseman of Sleepy Hollow" -- a childhood memory I have never quite shaken.
Dad used to tell us the story (although more Washington Irving than Bing
Crosby) when I was young.  I'm not sure yet if I'll make the time to see
"The Patriot" or the Depp "HHSL" but I can assure you that history provides
more than enough horror and fact for me to fill more than the word count I
have.

As for the courageous Imperials, it will be much easier for players to march
forth for King and Country than to play Germans in WWII.  I'm going to work
hard to present both sides as options in all the wars I'm covering (King
Philip's, Queen Anne's War/War of Spanish Succession, French and Indian
War/Seven Year's War, and the Revolution).  In the end, there isn't a lot of
difference, in terms of game stats, between a Loyalist and Patriot, or a
veteran Continental or British soldier.

As far as the "weirdness" goes, both sides will have access to the same
material.  That's all I can tell you at the moment -- a writer needs to keep
some secrets.

Hope this helps.  Take care.

Matt