RE: [WW] Weird Colonial Wars

I have to agree with Arne too.

If Pinnacle have any common sense - and I believe do - then they should
concentrate on what is currently 'fashionable', namely WWII.

I really do like what's been brought out so far for WWII, but am not
overly happy with it. Contradiction? Certainly.

The first supplement, *Hell in the Hedgerows* was very good, *but*
overpriced (since Mark Metzner's *The Golem* is available 'free' for
download on the website).

The second supplement, *Dead from Above* is also very good, *but*
overpriced with a page count that does not reflect what could have gone
into the 64 pages.

(Actually it's not so much the page count -> price ratio that bothers
me, it's the number of words that have been fit into those pages, see
below.)

In short: Weird War II was my first foray into the worlds developed by
Pinnacle. I love it. I am, however, rather concerned that banging out
stuff for all eras is not the way to go. Steve Jackson Games have built
up a reputation for well researched, well produced products the equal of
none (in my opinion). I'd like to see Pinnacle obtain the same dizzy
heights with the WW material, but based on what's gone before it just
isn't going to happen, and it certainly can't happen if the plan is to
bang out a dozen GBP £10 / $15 products a year, with average artwork and
a typesetting style that takes up half the page count!!!

Sorry to be blunt - I am truly a HUGE fan - but all this talk of genres
has me very worried about the future success of this line.

Best wishes, Robbie