Re: [WW] Future Lines

> Personally, the periods I would love to see WW books
> for would be the
> British Colonial Wars (Zulu wars and Boer Wars, for
> example) and the
> Napoleonic Wars.

I agree here as well. Except it should be noted in any
Zulu book that players will be docked experience for
even attempting a Michael Caine accent. Let alone
going for the gold with "Blimey! There must be bloody
thou'sands of t(h)em!"

I'd make a few of the "Sharpe" novels by Bernard
Cornwell required reading for anyone playing
Napoleonic era. They're not too bad a read and they
cover a lot of the setting quite well.

The Colonial Wars could make a good overview book with
seperate theatre books released later on. Say for the
Zulus, Boers (I and II), the American adventures, and
so on.

Re: Weird War II
While I understand the want people have for additional
books I doubt there'll be many more of them past the
main theatre releases. Once the main theatres have
been covered I doubt the lesser set pieces (say the
Bizarre Battle of Britain, or the Aggravated Ardennes,
the Anger of the Antarctic)could fill a book on their
own without being 50% filler material. The new Epitaph
concept may work here where an article is enough to
lay down the basics. So I can see Epitaph releases but
not entire books of their own.

As such, I see it as being more likely that other time
periods will be explored in turn. Perhaps a single
major book for the conflict, then a series of theatre
books, then to the Epitaph for expansion material.

Weird War One isn't something I can imagine coming
into being. Much of Weird War II can be carried back
with additional material perhaps in an Epitaph. Given
the tactics shown by the allies for much of the
European side of the conflict, quite a bit of WW: ACW
could be used as well!

I have to admit that much of my enthusiasm drops off
steadily past the 1860's or so. One bored office day I
looked at the Indian Mutiny for ideas, which then led
to the Boxer Rebellion. The Boer wars I've been
looking at for quite a while as they exhibited set
piece battles, sweeping small scale encounters, and
general devilry a plenty. As someone else has
mentioned, I'm not really sure how interesting
Americans would find the whole Boer war thing. Vietnam
doesn't hold my interest overly much and Korea could
been seen as an expansion of Wierd War II.

As an aside, if the Weird Wars line picks up enough in
the balance sheet stakes perhaps one day we'll have
our own version of the Epitaph (perhaps the News Reel
or Dispatches from the Front?) where the book is
broken up into sections for each of the time periods
so far covered. Say, a new adventure for the
Colonials, the latest development from the 1940's
Germans, and then a prestige class for SOE operatives
all in the same release.

You never know.

Cheers.

=====
"Morituri Nolumus Mori" - We who are about to die don't want to.