Re: [WW] Future Lines

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Beilby" <cbeilby@hroads.net>
<snip>
> It's already been done.  It's called D&D.  All you need to do is
focus the
> game on which period and cultures you want.
<snip>

Yeah, but by that argument, what was the point of making Deadlands d20
or Blood on the Rhine (or any sort of setting book, for that matter)?
The D&D rulebooks do have rules for firearms, after all...so someone
could simply have used those books to play in the Deadlands setting or
WW2...

Anyway, while you could, it would take a fair amount of work. You'd
have to weak the classes. Take the Crusades, for instance - what class
would a Templar be? Or an Assassin? And you'd probably have to alter
the magic system to fit closer to reality.  And you've have to do a
lot of research on the period.

Which is why'd I'd rather just buy a book on it.