Re: [WW] Pilots? Pretty please?

Cpt. Canuck wrote:

> If not, is it legal for me to tell someone about it over the phone?

PRetty much, yes. Otherwise, explaining the rules for a game would be
criminal.

"So, how do you play D&D?"
"I can't tell you, you'll have to buy the books."

> Papakee@aol.com wrote:
>
>>Not speaking legalese very well, is it ok to mail out
>>the stats for the 1st couple of levels for the pilot class or not?

If the pilot class is OGC, you can mail out the exact text, provided you
include a copy of the Open Gaming License (with a correctly updated
Section 15) with the mail.

Of course, let's be honest -- if you're sending one mail to one person
and you're only sending one page out of the book, I *really* doubt
anyone will care. Legally, though, if you follow the above rules, you
won't even technically be violating copyright. (Again, providing that
the pilot class is 'open'.)