Re: [WW] Officer's purpose

>I got asked a question by a new player tonight about why anybody would play
>an officer. They are worse off overall than a grunt, and if you take rank
>as
>a feat you can pretty much end up with the same abilities. I tried to point
>out the obvious advantages of an officer rank in terms of roleplaying, i.e.
>equipment acquisition, etc., but roleplaying really isn't a strong point
>with the guy so the arguments didn't wash. Anybody give me any ideas how
>people are using Officers in their games?
>
>TIA
>
>David

Because even if you take the rank feat, a mean nasty WM can just put an
Officer NPC in the game, and make that person second potato...  And what
self-respecting PC would take orders from an NPC, eh???

Because, if captured, Officers get better treatment in POW Camps...

Because there is a higher pay rate.  (Always a good thing.).

A British Officer can have a "Batman", sort of a Butler-Soldier.

The fact that, when all is said and done, you'll be the guy in charge when
the fertilizer hits the ventilator in the field!!!

Finally, what's better...  Some lowly Grunt who has to work and fight and
die his way through France...  Or an Officer, who gets to order lowly Grunts
to work and...

And if that still isn't his thing, it just might be someone else's thing,
and thus, not for him to comment on.  If you don't have anything nice to
say, don't say anything at all...  :-)

Ray.