RE: [WW] Officer's purpose

 > Because even if you take the rank feat, a mean nasty WM can just put an
> Officer NPC in the game, and make that person second potato...  And what
> self-respecting PC would take orders from an NPC, eh???
>
> Because, if captured, Officers get better treatment in POW Camps...
>
> Because there is a higher pay rate.  (Always a good thing.).
>
> A British Officer can have a "Batman", sort of a Butler-Soldier.
>
> The fact that, when all is said and done, you'll be the guy in
> charge when
> the fertilizer hits the ventilator in the field!!!
>
> Finally, what's better...  Some lowly Grunt who has to work and fight and
> die his way through France...  Or an Officer, who gets to order
> lowly Grunts
> to work and...
>
> And if that still isn't his thing, it just might be someone else's thing,
> and thus, not for him to comment on.  If you don't have anything nice to
> say, don't say anything at all...  :-)
>
> Ray.

I agree Ray, was just trying to see if it was just him, thought it probably
was. He tends to judge characters on how much stuff they have (like feats,
and hit points) and how quickly they can kill stuff. I haven't shown him the
damage lists, but I know I'm going to hear whinges about the weapons all
being the same (I know they're only the same by category, and that's
accurate, but means he doesn't have a huge gun to aim for). Plus the lack of
a fully auto rule, I'd love to get rid of him, but he's one of the founders
of the group and we'd struggle to have enough if he wasn't there.

Ah well, once more unto the breach :)

David