Re: [WW] Re: MGs

> The German army went back to the MG42 after WW II
> though as the MG3 and are still using it (which amused
> me recently as Revell kits of a modern Luchs and a
> wartime Panzer IV both had the same MG on top).

And what surprised me the most was a) the recoil: Dug into gravel a
few short bursts pushed me (laying down) back about 6 inches and b)
the barrel has to be exchanged quite quickly because it heats up real
fast.

Therefore the MG operator would fire short bursts most of the time and
reserve continuous fire for "Sturmabwehrschiessen", i.e. defense
against an all-out mass assault.

But it could be just me - consider my experience with the weapon
"green".

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
Phoenix Interactive GmbH, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180                FAX: +49 2582 661833