Re: [WW] Re: A New System and Goodbye to D20 (Shane and others)

In a message dated 4/22/02 5:52:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, robbie@duotronics.com writes:

Nor am I. In fact I prefer a d100 system as per RuneQuest or Call of
Cthulhu. Unfortunately there are really only two successful mainstream
generic systems: d20 and GURPS. We would not have bought Weird War II
had it NOT been d20!

Yes, the d100 COC rules do work very well and you can use the weapons from http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/leiber/50/DGAAA.html to have a nearly complete list of every handheld weapon from World War II.  Now if only a gaming company, doing a D20 (Hint!) World War II type setting or any other modern (Hint!) WW I, Korea, Vietnam or present day future supplement, would contact the guy who did the guns list at the above URL, maybe he could do a D20 version for them to publish (Hint!).  His name is Hans-Christian Vortisch (greytiga@zedat.fu-berlin.de) and those of us who contributed in minor ways to the work he did, found him to be easy to work with.  It would be great to see him do a similar work for Pinnacle's D20 line.  I hope this information was of some use.

Best,

Tom