Re: [WW] Re: Systems [Veering OT]

Michael Robert Blair wrote:

> The Ideal system is simple, realistic and flexible.
> Simple: One mechanism. Easily learned. A minimum of
> modifiers.

Wild Card is very simple, my group who is a little slow on the uptake
learned it in about 10 minutes, and were quite happy with the results.

> Realistic. Sensible results.

I found the results to be very realistic, and with a slight change in
the way things are described it pulled off over the top movie style
action very well.

> Flexible. I want a system that can go from the gritty
> realism of the trenches of the Great War to a wall
> jumping Matrix setting.

In the play tests so far I know that groups have done Dungeon crawls,
WWII, Nam, L5R and more with great results.

> Oh yes, it does not use cards or counters.

Well it does use Cards, but it's much simpler then the card mechanics
used in deadlands and we've found it to work very well.

> Does the perfect system exist? I don't think so, but I
> live in hope.
>
> Michael

I haven't seen any major complaints about the system in all of our play
tests, so check it out!

--Dirk