Re: [WW] Re: Systems [Veering OT]

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:18:45 -0500 "Grand Master Nilus of the Dark Angel
Chapter"

> I've found that games that use cards for Initiative tend to help
> speed up
> the game(as long as someone knows how to shuffle :) ).  Especially
> minature
> games(or RPG that use minis).

i have found the exact opposite.  i've played in several games that used
cards for initiative (TORG, Deadlands, Psychosis) and while they may have
added "flavor" they in no way sped things up.

>  Its easier to draw a card then roll a
> die.

No it's not.  Everyone has a die, everyone rolls at the same time and
away we go.  Decks of cards don't work that way, unless everyone has
their own deck, and they still need to be well shuffled between
initiative "draws."

When playing d20, having every combatants name on a card and then
arranging the cards in initiative order at the begining of each combat so
that each name is easily cycled through .... now *that* use of cards
speeds up combat.

Happy Gaming, =)

screenmonkey

The above space is provided to help protect you from the annoying
advertisement that follows:

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.