RE: [WW] Awards and Their Frequency

I'm a believer in 'rewarding' XPs every adventure too.

Although I tend to:

a) Use a very freeform approach to how many I award
b) Don't necessarily give each player the same number!

This latter point caused some problems early on, so what I do is take
each player aside and award points. I then take the opportunity to
discuss how their 'back story' - i.e. how they are planning to spend
their points on their next level - is going. This gives, in my opinion,
a better sense of perspective and somehow helps to justify the 'sudden
jump' that can occur when new skills, feats etc are gained.

I am considering tightening this up and asking players, in advance, to
decide on how their characters will proceed, so that actual training
sessions can be implemented - and additional XPs awarded if deemed
relevant - in a character's 'down time'.

Robbie