Re: [WW] Awards/Frequency + Alignment Systems

Screenmonkey,

Funny you bring up the subject... I just started a new campaign with my group and made a huge change in the Exp system. Normally I would assign Exp as the characters earned it and then I would wrap up the session with the story and 'extras' Exp. Well this time I am going the lazy route... Three sessions per level and I assign 'tics' for the beyond the normal rewards (Ten tics equal an 'extra' level).

Basically I was shooting for simplicity for the players and myself. We have played one game using this system and it worked quite well.
______
Has anyone out there ever used a different alignment system?

I use a 'floating' alignment system that is like this. The characters starting alignment is noted by using two numbers which I always keep hidden...

The two numbers are...
E(thics) and M(orals)

E - 01-25 = Lawful, 26-80 Neutral, 81-100 Chaotic
M - 01-25 = Good, 26-80 Neutral, 81-100 Evil

The starting numbers are the ideal for the alignment noted so if a player tells me they are LG I would scratch 01/01. LN 01/50, LE 01/100, CG 100/01 etc.

Overall it is a rather loose house rule but it has very interesting effects (Especially when dealing with priests and paladins. I have also found it useful when dealing with holy/unholy items and places).

The players really enjoy this system because it makes them aware of their actions and turns a rather unused system into one that is actively involved in their character development.