Re: [WW] Awards and Their Frequency

On Fri, 3 May 2002 22:22:10 +0100 "Robbie Corbett"
<robbie@duotronics.com> writes:
> I'm a believer in 'rewarding' XPs every adventure too.
>
> Although I tend to:
>
> a) Use a very freeform approach to how many I award
> b) Don't necessarily give each player the same number!
>
> This latter point caused some problems early on, so what I do is
> take
> each player aside and award points.

Unless i'm awarding the same points to everybody as a matter of course
for the campaign, i put the awards on 4 x 6 index cards (my second most
useful game aid).  The card is a record of : Award this session, total
xps earned this campaign, level and class of the character, and the
number of xps needed for next level.  i note the award and then hand over
the cards individually at the end of each session.  Players make the
appropriate changes to their character sheets and then give the cards
back.

Another GM friend of mine hands out the same xp to everyone at the end of
each session and then, between sessions, he secretly e-mails bonus xp to
those who earned it.

As you can see, he too gives awards every session...

Happy Gaming, =)

screenmonkey

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.