[WW] WW2 history question.

Does anybody know if the British military 'recruited' German
Exiles/Deserters?

Reason I ask is one of the players was on the receiving end of an 88 on
sunday (ouch) and just emailed me his new concept.  He wants to play a
Wehrmacht deserter, scout class.  My concern is him falling behind on XP
due to medal xp awards.  Thus the question would any other allied
service 'absorb' him?   I'm sure that the OSI will nab him once they
have some supernatural encounters but I'm thinking before that even
takes place.

Thoughts?

Jay