Re: [WW] A few questions

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:04:33 -0500 Vang <kao@hamilton.net> writes:
> Hi folks, I just recently started getting into Weird Wars and am
> trying
> to create my first character.  Unfortunately, my lack of experience
> has
> left with several questions that I can't find answers to anywhere
> else.

It has happened to all of us.  Welcome to the club. =)

> Please excuse me if these have been answered before:
>
> Armor: If a character has both Flak Armor and a Helmet, do you add
> the
> Armor Bonuses together?  (I.e.: Flak Armor (+2) with Helmet (+1)
> equal
> (+3) to armor class)

Yes, that's the way d20 in general (as opposed to just WW) works.

> Weapons: On the character sheet, what is the box marked "Hand" for?

i never noticed that. Probably because my copies don't read that
background writing very well.  Off the top of my head i'd say it's for
marking the off hand penalty - except that it makes no sense to put it
there.

> Feats: Does the "Tactics" Prerequisite for the "Eye For Terrain"
> Feat
> mean the "Tactician" Feat?

Yes.

> Feats: Shouldn't there be a Shotgun Proficiency?

Nope, that's covered by the Firearms Proficiency right along with
pistols, SMGs and rifles.

[snip]

> Also, what is the description for the Bomber Jacket, Binoculars, and
> the
> Survival Kit.  One would think that these items would be important
> enough to describe their uses and who would have them.

Not for BotR as these items (except for the binocs) are aircrew material.
 Hopefully they showed up in DFA (i dunno, i don't own it).

> Finally, I was wondering why the Navigation skill isn't a class
> skill
> for the Grunt Class?  I thought that all US soldiers were taught how
> read a map in basic training and this skill would be doubly
> important
> for a Tank Crew.

Got me.  For our games we consider Navigation a class skill for Grunts,
Officers, Scouts, & Snipers.

Happy Gaming & welcome to the list, =)

screenmonkey

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!