Re: [WW] A few questions

gathomas4@juno.com wrote:

> > Armor: If a character has both Flak Armor and a Helmet, do you add
> > the
> > Armor Bonuses together?  (I.e.: Flak Armor (+2) with Helmet (+1)
> > equal
> > (+3) to armor class)
>
> Yes, that's the way d20 in general (as opposed to just WW) works.

Ok, seems a bit silly to me since a bullet doesn't normally go through
both  helmet and flak jacket.  (If it does, I don't think you would have
much to worry about after that.)  But if that is what the rules say...

> > Weapons: On the character sheet, what is the box marked "Hand" for?
>
> i never noticed that. Probably because my copies don't read that
> background writing very well.  Off the top of my head i'd say it's for
> marking the off hand penalty - except that it makes no sense to put it
> there.

Ja, one would think that something like that would count as a "Misc Mod"

> > Feats: Does the "Tactics" Prerequisite for the "Eye For Terrain"
> > Feat
> > mean the "Tactician" Feat?
>
> Yes.

Thanks, I figure this is what it meant but I just wanted to make sure.

> > Feats: Shouldn't there be a Shotgun Proficiency?
>
> Nope, that's covered by the Firearms Proficiency right along with
> pistols, SMGs and rifles.

Ok, hope the next printing lists Shotguns in the Firearms proficiency
then.

> > Also, what is the description for the Bomber Jacket, Binoculars, and
> > the
> > Survival Kit.  One would think that these items would be important
> > enough to describe their uses and who would have them.
>
> Not for BotR as these items (except for the binocs) are aircrew material.
>  Hopefully they showed up in DFA (i dunno, i don't own it).

Still, it would have been a lot better if at least a whole page had been
dedicated to W.W.II era equipment listings.  Maybe something for a
future Epitaph?

> > Finally, I was wondering why the Navigation skill isn't a class
> > skill
> > for the Grunt Class?  I thought that all US soldiers were taught how
> > read a map in basic training and this skill would be doubly
> > important
> > for a Tank Crew.
>
> Got me.  For our games we consider Navigation a class skill for Grunts,
> Officers, Scouts, & Snipers.
>
> Happy Gaming & welcome to the list, =)
>
> screenmonkey

Thanks!  Despite the few problems I've had the game looks like its going
to be a blast.  I've already got tons of great ideas on how to run my
tank commander character.  :)

Keith "Vang" Oberschulte