Re: [WW] Weird Wars Problems - D20 Modern

>From: "Cpt. Canuck" <canuck@superaje.com>
>
>The main rulebook...  Not including the Pilot was kind've poor IMO.  The
>back cover should have mentioned that the game requires all three core
>D20 books.  The reference tables in the back are NOT photocopy friendly
>(black background should have been white with black print).  I also
>think they should have included a little "Guns for dummies" information
>for people who want to play but don't know a fig about guns.  We don't
>all live in downtown Detroit ;)
------------------------>

um... i'm lost... i thought the back cover DID say  "(REQUIRES THE DUNGEONS
AND DRAGONS PLAYERS HANDBOOK AND DUNGEON MASTERS GUIDE, PUBLISHED BY WIZARDS
OF THE COAST).

"guns for dummies".  interesting. never heard of someone getting into a war
based RPG who has no clue about firearms. interesting. may i suggest going
to www.google.com and doing a search under "WWII weapons". amazing what you
might find and such a simple search might save on pages needed for the
product (thus, possibly, reducing player costs in the long run).

>I do have to say though, that the D20 WW always runs better than I
>expect ;)  As I recall one of the reasons Shane mentioned about making
>the Wild Card system (now Savage Worlds) was because D20 Modern was
>coming out.  That ever come out?  Has it made the WW D20 system
>obsolete?
------------------------>

(i pray the powers that be don't catch this)
i serously doubt if WWII will become "obsolete" with the (soon) release of
D20 MODERN.  D2M uses a slightly different mechanics than WWII. has it's
strengths and it's flaws (i would guess).  IMHO, i believe that, in part,
the reason D2M was "invented" was in response to similiar 20th century based
games such as WWII and SPYCRAFT.  given the (...eh) sales of STAR WARS d20
(even the "revised" rules are really kinds ...eh), WOTC is looking for other
avenues to streach into (consider the recient, and rather questionable,
"fantasy setting contest" they just ran over the summer - looking for
ideas).

for my game group, and future groups that will be, WWII will remain as
active as STAR FRONTIERS (which i bought new off the shelf back in the early
'80's and i still run a full campaign every couple of years - gotta love
that good old "pulp" scifi!!!!).

<<<insert disclaimer here about not intending to offend anyone by this -
apologies to those if i did>>>

...the rich
"why has the car stopped?"
"it's frightened!"