Re: [WW] Weird Wars Problems - D20 Modern

richard spangle wrote:
> "guns for dummies".  interesting. never heard of someone getting into a war
> based RPG who has no clue about firearms. interesting. may i suggest going

Well, its common here.  Admittedly guns are not a part of everyday life
where I live.

As well, it only takes ONE of a group to be interested in WW2 role-play
that gets the group of non-gunmen into it.

I didn't realize that I wasn't supposed to enjoy the game or buy it if I
didn't know guns.  Apologies.

> >I do have to say though, that the D20 WW always runs better than I
> >expect ;)  As I recall one of the reasons Shane mentioned about making
> >the Wild Card system (now Savage Worlds) was because D20 Modern was
> >coming out.  That ever come out?  Has it made the WW D20 system
> >obsolete?

> i serously doubt if WWII will become "obsolete" with the (soon) release of
> D20 MODERN.  D2M uses a slightly different mechanics than WWII. has it's

Not out yet then.  I'll be interested in some of the differences, though
I doubt I'll snag it unless its amazing.  I think Peginc did a great job
putting D20 into WW2.

> for my game group, and future groups that will be, WWII will remain as
> active as STAR FRONTIERS (which i bought new off the shelf back in the early
> '80's and i still run a full campaign every couple of years - gotta love
> that good old "pulp" scifi!!!!).

Weird Wars: Weird War Two is the only modern campaign my various groups
play right now, although Psychosis, Chill, Ghostbusters, Heaven & Earth,
and various others are waiting in the wings for game time.  We also have
a Hackmaster campaign and an AD&D 1e campaign.

> <<<insert disclaimer here about not intending to offend anyone by this -
> apologies to those if i did>>>

Cap