Re: [WW] Weird Wars Problems - Savage Worlds - D20 Modern

Steven \"Conan\" Trustrum wrote:

> At 08:31 PM 10/7/02 -0400, Cpt. Canuck you wrote:
> >The main rulebook...  Not including the Pilot was kind've poor IMO.  The
> >back cover should have mentioned that the game requires all three core
> >D20 books.  The reference tables in the back are NOT photocopy friendly
> >(black background should have been white with black print).  I also
> >think they should have included a little "Guns for dummies" information
> >for people who want to play but don't know a fig about guns.  We don't
> >all live in downtown Detroit ;)
>
> This is pretty much a matter of "do your own research if you want to know
> more." When I buy a rpg book, I am paying for the stats on how the items
> within interact with the game mechanics, not a series of essays on the
> why's of how they work. Do I need to see an essay on sword forging in the
> PHB to use a sword in my campaign? No. If you want to know more about the

Nor do I care about the 'creation of guns.' Not exactly a good analogy.
Most of us have swung a stick and have an idea of what swordplay is
like.  Many people have never shot a gun, or have any idea about
gun-problems.  I'm sure that it'd be boring to gun-enthusiasts, and
those who carry guns around with them all day.  Even historians
dedicated to WW2 may have no idea about guns.

> weapons, the methods of their operation, how they're made, etc., visit your
> local library or join the Military Book Club, but don't fill up an rpg book
> with this kind of tripe, especially considering how easy this kind of stuff

Excuse me for offending you with this tripe.  No one said anything about
pages and pages of notes, just some gun info for those who know nothing
about them.  Sure, it can be played without knowing anything about guns,
but considering the large amount of what you call 'tripe' in simply
history lessons that could easily be read on the net, another page of
gun info isn't so much.  What about all the 'tripe' about the generals
and other info all readily available on the net?

Regardless, I don't think people can understand unless they're the ones
who don't know guns.  Its just like computers.  Those who know them
can't understand people who don't.  Jeepers man, there is no 'ANY' key.
Your CD-ROM is not a cup holder!

As well, considering the game is heavily based on gun play, more info on
those guns wouldn't be terrible.

Cap