Re: [WW] Weird Wars Problems - Savage Worlds - D20 Modern

 The Cpt. writes:

I DON'T want to read through an extensive technical manual, which is
WHY, I would have liked a little extra info.  If I wanted an extensive
manual, I'd get one.  Hey, I wouldn't even mind a couple sentences on
how they work.  It's important if a gun tends to fail in the rain
because of its design.  Or that can be submerged and run fine.  How
about the miles it can be heard from?

-->One thing I think SHOULD be put in is a reliability factor for
weapons.  Some of them were downright trash.  To use an example from the
BOTR book: the Gewher 43 was notoriously unreliable, constantly jamming,
and unable to be properly field stripped.  The 1942Liberator .45 pistol
was just as likely to blow up in your hand as fire at the enemy.  As
weapons have a "threat range" for criticals, fire arms should have a
failure range.  Unfortunately, this can be a major burden mechanically
when engaged in large scale combat (unless you presume a certain
percentage of failure).  That said, if you want more details on the
weapons, there are plenty of resources, gaming and other wise.
Paladium's Compedium of Modern Firearms is good, as are any of the books
for the old GDW Twighlight:2000.  Military Small Arms of the 20th Century
(Hogg and Weaks, DBI Publishing) is simply a must for any post 19th
century game, and I understand there is a new 7th edition out (I have the
6th).  It has everything you ask for about the weapons, from production
dates to reliability, as well brief summaries about the operating
systems.  Personally, i would have used either the FG42 or Surmgewehr 44
as teh semi/full auto German rifle.

Josh R

"No matter where you go, there you are."  B.Bonzai