Re: [WW] Weird Wars Problems - Savage Worlds - D20 Modern

Although the other book you cited is indeed a good resource for WWII era
weapons, I'd avoid the Palladium Weapons Compendium. Much of the stats
included are far off of both manufacturer and trial specs and have been
generalized for the sake of game mechanic expediency. The best material
from the latter book isn't the weapons, IMHO, it's the information on
armor, non-lethal devices, and their penetration rules are okay for the
system they were designed for (but, again, there are many inaccuracies
when
it comes to what type of bullet is capable of what degree of
penetration).
Always be wary of citing an rpg tech book as a source for tech in another

rpg system because you're then diluting it through the eyes of two people

who aren't experts in the field. Best to go to a more "official" source
and
compare stats with examples already provided in the game.

-->true, but as a general reference for modern weapons, already in game
terms, it's fairly "comprehensive."  As with any game system, the actual
damage capabilities of the various rounds (which usually don't account
for various loads, bullet weight, type, etc) are often "skewed" towards
whatever the system is.  A week or so ago I and a friend (who's a
gunsmith), went through the WW small arms, and tweaked a few values.  We
used the 9mm as the base from which to determine the rest.  We only
changed 1 damage value, but altered some of the range increments and 1
penetration value.  Most of those changes were based on our personal
experience with some of the weapons, as well as technical data.

Josh R

"No matter where you go, there you are."  B.Bonzai