Re: [WW] Weird Wars Problems

At 09:46 AM 10/9/02 +0000, CHRIS QUIN you wrote:

>Rather than argue one point over and over may I suggest that an
>appropriate question at this point is;
>
>What else would we like to see from any future releases? More guns?
>Monsters? NPC's? Adventure Seeds? What is it the serious WW DM needs?
>
>I'm sure that between the lot of us we must have some good ideas.

More campaign ideas would be good. I recognize that adventures are not the
best selling products, but what about a sourcebook that has campaign ideas
and plot hooks? Thus far we've seen lots of material on monsters, character
development, and the like - basically the tools to run a campaign - but
other than a book of adventures there really hasn't been much in the way of
suggesting where and how to start a campaign and how to run with it. Some
of the people I've talked to in game stores and in my own groups say that
they have the same problem with Weird Wars as they do with other
military-oriented games: how do you keep the game interesting for the
players and leave much of the plot development in their hands to steer when
they are just cogs in the bigger machine that is the military? Sure, making
them OSI operatives alleviates this somewhat, but what about the games
where they are still just four guys in a company? Having a book with some
suggestions on things like this would help out beginners and Warmasters who
have reached a deadlock in their campaign's progress.

Steven "Conan" Trustrum
   Email: steven@trustrum.com
   Homepage: http://www.trustrum.com
"The only real people are the people that never existed"     -- Oscar Wilde