Re: [WW] Weird Wars Problems - Savage Worlds - D20 Modern

At 02:26 PM 10/9/02 -0400, deaconblue3@juno.com you wrote:
>-->When we were reviewing the numbers for WW, we guessed as to how they
>accounted for things like accuracy, and loads, and such.  We tried to
>bring things back in line to our basis (9mm), and be consistent with what
>we knew about some of the weapons.  We changed 3 ranges for rifles: The
>Gewehr43 was lowered to 90, the M1 carbine was upped to 60, and the
>Japanese Model38 was upped to 120.   We also changed the PV for the Model
>38 to -5.  In general we thought the damage values, and range increments
>for WW were better than usual.  Given the damge for a 9mm (2d6), that
>should, on avaerage, kill the average person with 1 shot (presuming
>average HP and damage roll, and a level 0/1 individual), and everything
>else was inline with that.

It seems that they mainly looked at one source and said "hmm, that range is
listed so it must be right" instead of checking multiple sources and seeing
what jived the most. I mean, it's got cool pics and all, but it isn't of
much use (need I even mention that the damage amounts don't match up with
the damage amounts for the same weapons as given in their other books?). On
the other hand, just about all the weapons are illustrated so, after you
fix the stats, you've got a clear drawing of what it looks like to use.

Steven "Conan" Trustrum
   Email: steven@trustrum.com
   Homepage: http://www.trustrum.com
"The only real people are the people that never existed"     -- Oscar Wilde