Re: [WW] Weird Wars & D20 Modern

>From: "Cpt. Canuck" <canuck@superaje.com>
>
>richard spangle wrote:
> > "guns for dummies".  interesting. never heard of someone getting into a
>war
> > based RPG who has no clue about firearms. interesting. may i suggest
>going
>
>Well, its common here.  Admittedly guns are not a part of everyday life
>where I live.
>
>As well, it only takes ONE of a group to be interested in WW2 role-play
>that gets the group of non-gunmen into it.
>
>I didn't realize that I wasn't supposed to enjoy the game or buy it if I
>didn't know guns.  Apologies.
------------------------>
i did not intend to and will not become involved in a battle of words with
you sir. i was simply stating a fact of opinion from my limited gaming
experience. i actually enjoy the comments from those, like yourself, who are
not afraid to express your opinions directly, just please do no be so quick
to jump to offense to anything other people type...

>Not out yet then.  I'll be interested in some of the differences, though
>I doubt I'll snag it unless its amazing.  I think Peginc did a great job
>putting D20 into WW2.
--------------------------------->
i think most will find D2M quite interesting. the mechanics, i'm told, run
as smooth as D&D, but just run in the 20th/21st century.  skills, feats and
even currency use is quick and painless (a bit long winded so i'm told
though).  check it out, i believe it's worth the 35 clams (i think) you
shell out...
doubt my group will jump off WWII either, we are quite happy with it (and we
just got 2 new people hooked, though my local store is having trouble
getting the BOTR book from their distrib, so they are borrowing both of
mine).

>Weird Wars: Weird War Two is the only modern campaign my various groups
>play right now, although Psychosis, Chill, Ghostbusters, Heaven & Earth,
>and various others are waiting in the wings for game time.  We also have
>a Hackmaster campaign and an AD&D 1e campaign.

oh...You GOTTA play STAR FRONTIERS. 1981 TSR. pulp scifi. awsome!  they ar
the bad guys, you are the good guys! simple! other unique (modern) games i
might suggest include classic DEADLANDS, Call of Cthulu (classic, though the
d20 is good) and, if you can find it, an old game call DOMINATION by the
late Starchilde Press...

...the rich
"evil does not wear a BONNET!"
-------------------> can you name this movie?