[WW] Re: STOCS & the Deadlands System

If you look on the inside of STOCS I am listed in
playtesters...
Eoin alas seems to have fallen from the one true path,
Eric and Rob are mostly wargamers (15mm DBM).

(Dragging this hoss back onto the track by brute
force)

How do other people find the Deadlands system? I am
not saying it is utterly without redemption but there
always seemed to be far too much die rolling, combat
seemed overly complicated with too many steps involved
and too many different mechanisms.

Mind you I last played it about a year ago so while I
remember the dissatisfaction I may be confused about
the mechanisms.

Michael