[WW] Re: [Savage_Worlds] SW FAQ RFC V.2

In a message dated 2/2/2003 1:10:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, canuck@superaje.com writes:

I do not understand how offering a conversion for SW is not being loyal
to the D20 fan base.  If anything it would breathe life into a game
that's near death.  The mailing lists for WW seem to be in their
twilight.  Some of the point in doing a D20 version of a game is to show
D20 people your game and if they really like it they might try the home
system for it.

I don't imagine we'll see anything for WW2 once the Horrors and Russian
Front are released, but one can hope :)

Anyhow, the point is: Offering options to the WW fan base is not being
disloyal to the D20 fans.

The next point is: If you're going to end support for the D20 version at
some point, offering a SW conversion is the only hope.

Have sales for WW been low?

Cap

There will be a SW: WW2 at some point, but it will be a completely new approach.

You'll be able to play WW2 with the main SW rulebook  VERY easily. The main tanks and planes of WW2 are in there, and it's SUPER easy to convert the monsters.

That said, there may be free (or more likely very cheap on RPGNOW) official conversions of equipment and monsters. I just don't want to "redo" a whole new book with the same text and different rules.

Shane