Re: [werewolf] Bite

--- Mark Ballinger <mballinger@ballinger.cx> wrote:
> I've asked these questions before.  (Now they're in
> the archive!)  Eric was the only one to answer last
> time.

How many times do I have to tell you. You don't *need*
anyone else to answer the questions. My answers are
the best.

>> The burning question for me would be actual
> implementation:

> * is "bite" a command that can be used instead of
> "kill", or is there a random chance thingy?
> * what happens if it fails?  ("nobody died"?)

A specific command used instead of kill. Werewolves
might try swelling their ranks early, or replacing a
dead wolf. If it fails, the exact same message as when
the police or angel save someone. Adds to the mystery.

> * what is the chance of success?

Since they're giving up a kill opportunity, 50-50.

> * how many times per game can it be used?

I would say any number of times, since they're giving
up the kill opportunity.  But you might want to put a
total cap on the number of wolves in a game. Avoid
talking about percentages. Just write "There are 3
Werewolves (max 5)" or something.

> * can it be used against a non-villager?  what
> happens if a mason is successfully bitten

This is where there was a little contention before, I
think. But remember, I have the definitive answers. If
a non-villager gets bitten, they retain their original
abilities. Yes, so if a mason gets bitten, they still
attend meetings.  Yes, this would give the wolves a
good advantage. Compare the number of village
victories to wolf victories before you complain.
Unless it's changed in the last few months, the wolves
only win one in about five. I'm also aware this would
be harder to code, but I really think it would be
worth it.