Re: [werewolf] Bite

> Eric was the only one to answer last time.

I won't let Eric have all the fun this time though. But I'll be very boring and just agree with
him lots.

> > * what is the chance of success?
> Since they're giving up a kill opportunity, 50-50.

Has to be 50-50. Consider (goodguys-badguys). A normal kill decreases this by 1 (modulo angelic
intervention). A bite decreases it by 2. I must admit, I'm not all that fond of the idea of
introducing random elements in the game, though. (I'm more interested in the RP and strategy). It
strikes me that the werewolf strategy just becomes "bite on first night" - in other words, the
werewolves will just play the RNG. (In fact, it's probably optimal just to bite every night).

There is an alternative. If the werewolves want to bite, give them a command to forfeit the
nightly kill. Again, the village sees "nobody dies". But they get to bite the next night with 100%
success. (Modulo angel). At least there's some strategy involved in this one.

> a non-villager gets bitten, they retain their original
> abilities. Yes, so if a mason gets bitten, they still
> attend meetings.  Yes, this would give the wolves a
> good advantage.

I think having a mason become a wolf, then tell the wolves all the remaining masons, is advantage
enough. On a more practical note, I think changing the codebase to allow characters to possess
multiple properties is something that will have to be supported eventually, to allow some of the
more "interesting" roles to be included later.

Maybe I didn't agree with Eric so much after all. Of course, the mafia need a complementary
command (recruit?) and maybe the good guys need a command to reverse the process (perhaps for the
angel... bless? cure?) although these are beginning to sound like distinct roles (maybe only an
"alpha wolf" can bite, maybe an herbalist could cure, etc).