Re: [werewolf] Bite

In a message dated 7/15/2004 7:39:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Mark Ballinger <mballinger@ballinger.cx> writes:

>On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 10:50:16AM -0400, Flig@aol.com wrote:
>> Sayyyyyy....whatever happened to the 'bite' idea?
>>
>> (for those just tuning in, the bite was a way for werewolves to possibly add to their number. ?Each night, they would have an option to kill (100% chance of working), or bite (~50% chance of working). ?A successful bite would turn that villager/seer/mason/etc. into a werewolf.
>
>The burning question for me would be actual implementation:
>
>* is "bite" a command that can be used instead of "kill", or is there a random chance thingy?

It's a command.  And all the furries have to agree to bite or to kill.

>* what is the chance of success?
Make it....AN OPTION! :)
-bite50 would be a 50% bite success rate
-bite25 would be a 25% bite success rate
etc
Personally, I think a low percentage would be better.

>* how many times per game can it be used?
I don't know about a limit.  Although swift does make a good point about an upper limit.

>* what happens if it fails? ?("nobody died"?)
Yep.  Same as an angel.
What might be interesting is if the bitee gets a message: "You felt a bite, but you recovered."

Oooh, What if a failed bite reveals a wolf?  The idea of 'a wolf tried to bite you, but you caught him?'

>* can it be used against a non-villager? ?what happens if a mason is successfully bitten

I think that they become especially evil.  They retain all previous powers, including the ability to infiltrate the brotherhood.  They would be able to both meeting and howl.

>I've asked these questions before. ?(Now they're in the archive!) ?Eric was the only one to answer last time.

Ah, no wonder it never got programmed then.  :)