[werewolf] werewolf 124 postgame discussion aftermath

hartwell writes in werewolf game 124 post-game-discussion:
> also, i'm starting to like the idea of "fixed time turns" more and
> more.  this game is less fun when everyone doesn't get a chance to
> play.  the price we'd pay for the day ending at 12:00 eastern time
> and the nights ending at 16:00 eastern time would be 1) players would
> have to know they were available then (so less players might sign up)
> and 2) the games would take longer (in this case, turn 8 was the last
> turn, it was the 4th day and this game would have taken four days to
> finish.  (not 25 hours)  the PLUS is, everyone would have been able
> to play every turn (or if they hadn't it would have been their own
> fault, NOT the fault of a meeting that went ong and a village that
> voted fast.)

Fixed time could be a good thing. 4 hour nights in a fixed time game would
be a bad thing IMHO. It would make responding to actual events impossible
for some time zoners.

Perhaps if a new option (or two) was implemented like maximum day-length and
night-length (imposing deadlines) we could experiment a bit.

Speaking of new options, I'd personaly like to see an option for hidden
roles, meaning that no-one knows which roles and how many of each are
particpating (factions and illusionist partly excepted of course). This
would be a nice incentive for some inspired lying by the bad guys.

Also, a few roles for your consideration:
Hider: Each night this person hides at someone elses house. If the hider is
targeted, no-one dies. If the person he's hiding with is targeted the hider
dies as well. If the hider hides at an active bad-guys place, the hider
dies.
Agent: Works for the mafia, but doesn't know who they are. Each night he can
info like the cop. Great role for putting in a false cop-claim :) (Wolves
variant is called wizard I believe)
Vigilante: Good guy that can kill someone on his own once a game.
Serial killer: Single person bad guy faction that kills each night.

Another thing I'd like to see would be how the actual setup will look like
when you change the game options. I know the ratios, but I find it a pain to
figure out when setting up a game.

Grtz,
Michel