Re: [werewolf] thoughts on fixed time

Michel Schaake wrote:

hartwell writes in werewolf game 124 post-game-discussion:

..."fixed time turns"...

...the day ending at 12:00 eastern time
and the nights ending at 16:00 eastern time

Fixed time could be a good thing. 4 hour nights in a fixed time game would
be a bad thing IMHO. It would make responding to actual events impossible
for some time zoners.

actually, that's the beauty of the plan. You (as a player in time zone x) know whether the turn ending times work for you or not. under our current scheme, turns end as enough votes are cast. so there's no way to know if the game is going to work with your schedule. AND, we're almost guaranteed to hear "gee, i go to a 4 hour meeting and three days pass by, what happened!?!?!"

i listed a noon day end and 16:00 night end just because that would work well for me. i'd be inclined to join such a game. if it doesn't work for you, don't join, start your own.

also, the reason the nights can be so short is: 1) night moves can be queued, 2) the rules could be tweeked to allow "default" selection for most players. for instance, if there are three wolves and 2 select playera, and the third wolf never makes a selection, i don't have a problem with playera being killed by wolves. same with the angel protecting himself.