Re: [werewolf] thoughts on fixed time

I'd be in favor of default night roles independent of
any other changes.  I would suggest the following.
One could decide whether these defaults apply
immediately or possibly after a fixed time period
after the concluion of the day:

1) The angel/medic continues to protect the same
person as last time.  If the person protected last
time is dead (or no choice has been specified), the
angel/medic protects himself.

2) The first wolf to specify a kill sets the default
for the other wolves.  If night falls before anyone
disagrees (by specifying a different victim), that
choice is used.  If night falls and nobody has chosen
anybody, a random innocent person is queued.

3) The seers/police investigate someone chosen
randomly from among the choices made by the
seers/police (i.e., if there are multiple seers/police
the ones who did not get their preferences in don't
count).  If no choice has been made, pick one randomly
from among unknown (i.e., not previously investigated)
candidates.

Oh yes, and one suggested refinement to voting.  If
the last player to vote is the majority victim, his
vote is not necessary for closure (so you don't have
people put in the situation where their vote is
suicide).

Now that would speed up the game :-).

Cheers,

Lyman