Re: [werewolf] Angel protection/imbalanced factions

Yar, we need pirates and ninjas, we do.

Mark Ballinger wrote:

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 12:24:09AM -0400, mike ledoux wrote:

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 09:35:05AM -0500, Joe Christensen wrote:

Next question. Should angelic protection save a villager from bite?

That is, the angel should protect a villager against a bite. I
would say that the medic should /not/ protect a villager from being
recruited by the mob, though.

Are you basing this on logic? Doesn't make sense?

Yes, exactly. If you're shot, a medic can (try to) save you, but
that doesn't prevent you from getting shot. In terms of actual
game-play, it would be easier to keep the game balanced if the wolf
and mafia nights work exactly the same (ie, consider the medic as
'protective custody' or something), but I think it would make the
game more interesting if the two factions were not identical.

A long time ago we threw out the idea of playing werewolf with lots of possible factions, each having advantages and disadvantages.

With the way Gregory Krohne has setup the factions in defined hashes, we could almost do this.