Re: [werewolf] Werewolf Newbie

Mike Fryer wrote:

I had a few questions about Werewolf, is this a good place to ask them?

this is the best place, yes

I noticed most of the players seemed to have alises, but I have not seen a command to set them.

it's in the join command

werewolf join BOARDNUM USERID PASSWORD
or
werewolf join BOARDNUM USERID PASSWORD ALIAS
where anything in ALLCAPS would be replaced with your userid, password or the alias you wanted

Board 199 is using factionimmunity option, I could not find that in the help.

in general, it keeps mafia from killing werewolves. up to a point. i forget wht point that is!

How is the Illusionist counted for victory?

same as anyone else. (that is, not at all!)
the illusionist "wins" if a bad faction wins AND he's alive at the end of the game.

in contrast, a villager wins if the village wins, even if that villager is dead.

same thing for the angel, medic, seer, police and masons. if the village wins, so did they.

if you were a wolf, you win if the wolves win. (dead or alive)
same thing for the mafia

at the end of the game, though ... it doesn't really matter. it's a fun social game and nobody (right?) is keeping score. besides, the chess ratings formula is blind to mafia or wolves!

2 Villagers, 2 Werewolves, 3 Mafia, 1 Illusionist
Is that a mafia win, 4 to 4?

the illusionist is counted as a villager for win/loss. so the score there for the wolves is 2 of them to 6 others, the score fore the mafia is 3 to 5.

If not, how is 4 to 4 tie votes handled if noone is willing to change, 2V & 2W vote to lynch a M, while 3M & 1I vote to lynch a W?

the game stalls until someone blinks. i think there's been one game that we had to agree was a draw. (is this correct?) in your example above, the illusionist could change his vote to someone else. in your example, the illusionist would be working against his own interests in voting to lynch a wolf.

thanks,
mike fryer

...yup. welcome aboard. ...hartwell