[DL] [INFO FOR EVERYONE]

WTF?!?

Okay.  .  .

For the record.

First - The purpose of this listserv is to be a place for Deadlands fans to
discuss things that are Deadlands in nature, serving as a resource for the
Pinnacle fan base and as a place to meet other folks cool enough to play
Pinnacle games.  The listserv has a responsibility to all members who
subscribe to it - regular posters, lurkers, and digest only subscribers
equally.

Second - As we all have interests outside of DL, off-topic messages are
welcome - up to a point.  Two or three passes of an OT thread are fine, but
once a thread has turned into a private conversation or has gone on too
long, it's time to move it to direct email or to the OT list.   The Zip vs.
CD thread had about what, 10 to 15 messages - a third of them maybe of
interest to Shane, a third of 'em debating the various merits of CD drives
over zip disks, and a third of 'em about moving the thread off of the list.

Third - Feel free to argue with my regular posting account - Allan Seyberth
<darious@darious.com>.  For these I am posting as a regular DL fan.  But if
I suggest something when I post under my moderator account - Allan 'Deputy'
Seyberth <moderator@darious.com> - take what I post under strong
advisement.  When I actually state something under this account, there will
be no argument.   If you ever have a concern or question about how I am
handling things as the moderator, feel free to drop me or the listserv
owner Afterburner (afterburner@erols.com) a direct email.

Fourth - Under no circumstances will I ever tolerate rudeness or direct
insults sent to another listserv member.
No circumstances whatsoever.
None.
Even if someone has insulted you, or flamed you, or just left a two page
monologue detailing various aspects of your personal and family life in
intimate detail, I will not tolerate an insulting response in return.  In
those cases, I will handle it.  If it looks like I missed the original
flame, drop me a direct email or put something in the subject line to catch
my attention - [ALLAN] or [DEPUTY] or [MODERATOR] or something else that is
appropriate.
This is the one thing that will get you bounced off of the listserv, and
will keep you off of all the esquire listservs for as long as I am
moderator of them.

Let me re-state this.  I am likely to bounce everyone directly involved in
continuing flame-war on the listserv.

While I have everyone's attention, here are the major rules of the listserv.
No flames/insults.
No foul language.
No attachments sent to the listserv.
Be courteous to the listserv members.

Suggestions on how to be courteous to the other listserv members.
Put [OT] in the subject line of off-topic posts.
Put the name of someone in the subject line if you want to get their
attention.
Take off-topic posts to direct email or the OT list.
Send your posts in plain text only - RTF and HTML'ized text interferes with
the digest version.
When replying to a message, it's not needed to keep the entire previous
message, especially if it's a long one.  Trim out the parts that have no
relation to what you are replying to.

Allan 'Deputy' Seyberth
moderator@darious.com

To suscribe to the Pinnacle listservs:
Send to:  esquire@gamerz.net
With the body of  any/all of the following:
subscribe deadlands
subscribe deadlands-ot
subscribe hoe
subscribe bnw
subscribe lc

To get the digest version of any list, just add -digest to the end of the
command above.  (For example:  subscribe hoe-digest)

To unsubscribe to any of the previous lists, just replace the command
"subscribe <list>" with the command "unsubscribe <list>".

Biographies of several listserv members can be found at:
   http://www.erols.com/aburner/deadlands/
DL, HoE and BNW archives can be found at:
   http://www.gamerz.net/archives/
Searchable DL and HoE archives can be found at
   http://www.deadlands.com/
Accumulated Rulings on the Web
   http://www.sonic.net/~dkjedi/deadlands/
Accumulated Rulings in file format