[DL] That Old Black Magic

Howdy Marshal - Yeah that's right, I said Marshal.  If'n you aint the
Marshal then git.

Now that them'ns gone, let me fill ya in on a new way a killing the like of
them with some new Black Magic Spells for your villans.

Drain

Speed: 1

Trappings: Sucking Blood, Stealing Breath, Chill of the Grave, a kiss

Rules:  Some folks go for the flashy bolt of doom, but sometimes its nice to
be subtle.  This is especially nasty when used in combo with the stun power,
but often I find its more fun to have a living victim kicking and screaming
and writhing underneath you as you draw out his life essence.  The best part
is all the while, you are getting stronger from thier weakening bodies.

Marshal, if your posse member is resisting, your bad guy must make a get a
hit and a raise in combat using Fightin': Brawling before she can use this
power.  When she does she leans in close for more intimate contact.  She can
do the same amount of wind damage each action.  To break free the posse
member must get a raise on a rasisted strength roll.

Note: it is not always obvious that one is being drained.  Depending on the
trappings and circumstances, a posse member may not know that the kiss from
the captive Witchata Witch sucked away his life essence.  He may not even
notice that the know he put on her head with the pistol whipping is
significatly smaller.  Thats what he gets for kissing Mina Devlin's minions!

The amount of drain the power does depends on the level she has in the
power.

Level 1              1 Wind
Level 2              1d4 Wind
Level 3              1d6 Wind
Level 4              1d8 Wind
Level 5              2d8 Wind

Remember, just cause a posse member's wind in 0 or lower, doesn't mean your
bad guy is full.  Look up what happens if your wind goes below 0, Marshall.

The stolen wind can be used to heal the cultist.  It can replace wind, or
for every 6 Wind stolen (round down) it heals 1 wound.

Optionally, the stolen Wind can be used to temporarily improve a Corporeal
Trait.  This takes a many half as many wind points as it would to increase a
trait using bounty points.  So in order to increase her strength to 4d8 from
4d6, the Witchita Witch would have to drain 12 points of Wind ( (3x8)/2 = 12
) Thats alot of kissing.  The increased trait lasts for 1 day per level in
the spell.

Terrorize.

Speed: 1

Trappings: disturbing visions, knowledge of your greatest fear, general
malaise in the cultist presence, a glimpse at the cultist true soul

Rules: Your Posse got too many chips, and think they are the kings of the
high desert.  Well take 'em down a peg or two with this little spell.
Simply put, this adds +2 to the overawe skill of the cultist for the entire
round.  Furthermore, at any level, the cultist can overawe more than one
person at a time.  The area affected is 10ft/level radius.

Note that the power (speed of 1) is invoked separately from the overawe roll
(also a speed of 1.)  So the earliest a cultist could fire off this power is
2 cards into the round.

As Matt "Down Under" Tucker turned the corner, he caught a glimpse of a man
hiding in the corner.  As he drew his gun, the man stepped forward, into the
light.

The man was thin and angular, but not particularly striking.  If Matt did
not know better, he would say he was facing a green tinhorn accountant or
lawyer from back east.  Not what he expected from the leader of the rattler
cult.  This guy looked like an easy mark.  Still a glint in his eye set
Matt's nerves jangling.  Something was not right here, but Matt could not
put his finger on it.

"Do you have any idea what forces you are dealing with young man."  He
intoned ominously to Matt.  "I don't think you do, but I can let you get a
glimpse."

Drawing up to his full height, he fixed Matt with an ominous stare.  Images
flew through Matt's mind.  It seemed as if the cowl of a rearing rattler
towered behing the leader.  Images of murder and mayhem to unspeakable to
comprehend, let alone put to words.  And over it all Matt could see his foe,
lording over it all, and drinking in.

Unable to stand against the amassed evil, Matt fled in abject terror.  The
leader of the cult merely chuckled, had Matt gotten a shot off, he was ill
prepared for battle.  As things stood now, he doubted he would hear from
Matt "Down Under" Tucker any time soon.

Hope you enjoy.  I have a couple more I am thinking about, but I havn't
quite got them ready to go yet.

Jeff "Founding member of the MCHFT (Marshal's can have fun, too) club" Tolle