[DL] <DL> Here come the Men in Pink...

I know this is a little late but I've been working for theMan every nigth and day to supply my DL habit.  I depart this eve to pick up SotB..mmm...sweet sweet Aztecs... Anyhow, to contribute briefly to the Ot madness, the computers at Toys R Us (the aforementioned job) list the PS2 arrving in store sometime in September. The pre-sale tickets list the price as $350.

The gentleman who asked about everyones favorite shady gubmint Agency and how to basically yank the PC's leash without outright killing them.  It's always tough to have a group with a character whose connections can snap back and eat him but that's part of the fun...lookint hat bastard in the eye and saying "Hey, YOU wanted to play the character..."

The Pinker-ons, historically, were dirty bastards that often ambushed, double-crossed, and bushwhacked whateveroutlaws they were sent after.  If I had a dime for everytime I read in my Time Life Old West booksabout a dirty trick they used to capture a bad guy, I'd be able to afford the whole set.  This is the main difference in philosophy between the Agency and the Rangers: The Rangers use intimidation to keep the peace, the Agency uses bribery, asassination, and other things most people don't want to believe the gubmint does on a daily basis. There's a reason I made one of the Pinks' higher-up have a penchant for smoking his cigars in a peculiar way...

(That doesn't mean the Rangers are noble either but...that's another post.)

Here are a few ideas for making life difficult for your posse...ranging from inconvienient to downright cold.

1)The Weather Baloon: The Agency stages a supernatural occurance (perhaps something resembling something they've already dealt with 'returned to get them').  The posse investigates and the ambush ensues. Of course, this would be an excellent time to have something REALLY NASTY show up...

2)Unmarked autogyros: Using their black flying contraptions, the Agency swipes some of the posse, then rolls into town feeding the towsfolk (and the rest of the posse) some soup about a train wreck/freak accident.  Meanwhile, the captured posse gets grilled about its adventures (kinda like all those flashback episodes of Family Ties...cept with zombies) and the free posse sets off to liberate their buddies from the nearby Army Fort.

3)You and Me and the Zombie Makes Three Tonight:  (I've actually used this one) The posse, captured by the Agency, is being loaded up into a transport (train, maze runner, etc) and shipped to God knows where to have God Knows What done to them.  Suddenly, WHAM! Something crashes the transport and threatens the lives of everyone.  The Agents on board might be willing to deal with the posse if they can save their bacon...but killin Maze Dragons ain't supposed to be easy...

4)The Deadly Plant: little Shop of Horrors jokes notwithstanding, the next time one of your posse heads to Boot Hill, when they are rollin up a new character, queitly approach them on the side and ask if they want to play a Deep Undercover Op for the Agency.  Make no mention of this to the other players and have the player try to 'accidentally' mess things up here and again for the posse.  You'd be surprised how likely players are to be hip to playing turncoats.  If you think you can pull it off, try this trick with one of the established characters that's been around since Night 1...and watch everyone's jaw drop when it gets revealed....

5)Dealing from the Bottom: The posse is surrounded and captured by the Dudes in Black.  While in jail, an agent approaches them with a suicide mission.  If they pull it off, the posse walks.  If they don't, they probably die in the porcess.  This is a chance to let your posse have it with a particularily deadly adventure that you've been saving for them. Send them after a bad ass; afterall the Agnecy doesn't expect them to come back.  I would recommend anything written by Mr. John "Over 1 billion PCs slain" Goof especially PC Death Train aka Night Train or The Impossible Mission aka The Mission.  You might also want to tempt the Pink PC by telling him if he goofs up the mission and ices the PC, all is forgiven and he can come back to the fold.  IF he does, off the bastard as soon as he gets back. That'll learn him.

I hope my meager suggestions have conjured up giggles of evil glee.  Adios, A-mi-gos!

"You see in this world there's two types of people my friend, those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig."

The Man with No Name,
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Email your boss can't read - sign up for free disinfo.net email at http://www.disinfo.com, your gateway to the underground.