Re: [DL] Epitaph Headlines

----- Original Message -----
From: Tabb, David <david.tabb@msfc.nasa.gov>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2000 4:40 PM
Subject: [DL] Epitaph Headlines

> Have any of you ever made up headlines/stories for when your players
> pick up an issue of the Tombstone Epitaph?  My guys had a reporter in tow
> for their last adventure, so I decided to write up the news article so
they
> could enjoy their notoriety (until the Pinks get wind of them, anyway).
>
> Anyway, I've already decided to use the Epitaph to inject plot hooks
> into the game.  However, every story can't be a plot hook.  If everything
> happens at once, they'd have to choose one and let the other evils go
> unchecked.  I'd rather have a plot hook, an exploit, and a distractor
> article on hand whenever they pick up a paper, plus a few other headlines
> for color.
>
> Has anyone else done this?  Do you have any good headlines you'd
> like to share with the group?  Could be serious, silly, amazing or
mundane.
> Stuff about the war, maybe ads for gizmos, anything.
>
> A couple I've come up with:
>
> Vampire Frogs Invade Yuma!
> Rain of Blood Soaks Oklahoma!
> Deadwood Man Kills 3, Chops Off Own Hand!
> Texas Cattle Cult Strikes Again!

OK, here you go, I make a copy of the Epitaph from the articles on the web
site, and a few of my own.  I than give it to the players, and keep files on
each of the stories for pick up adventures and gap fillers.  It really works
well...until they found a cerain book bound in human flesh and written in
arabic....nevermind...

John