[DL] Old School Hucksters

I play a huckster in a deadlands campaign which was played tonight.
This pc was made with the old hex rule. My marshal and i were trying to find
a way to convert the old huckster rules into the new one, so for a temporary
solution, i was to put down the hexslinging skill under spirit (i think
thats where it goes..dont remember off-hand), use the die type of Spirit,
and the number of Die for spirit (used as a default type thing)..So i was
rolling a 3d12 to cast the hex.  My 3 hexes have levels of 1,1, and 2. so of
course it did help (slightly...still backlashed).
anyway..has anyone come up with a good conversion from going to old hex
casting rules to the new one?

Thanks in advance

John "are YOU old school?" Nov