Re: [DL] Sure it's Evil, but what's it Do?

> So, I ask you of the list, what could be so evil and so large and/or
numerous as to require a state-sized, Blessed-blood-soaked pentagram to
manifest in, and yet >not be the Reckoners themselves?  And who would be up
to something like this?  Could be a random cult, or the Mormons, or the
Angels, or voodooists, or >Aztecs, or Shriners, Masons, hucksters, Rebs,
Yanks, the Red-Headed League, Thugees, a bunch of dumb kids with the
Necronomicon, the French, Dr.
> Miguelito Loveless, anybody.

     Sorry this is late. My keyboard got busted (turns out that spilling
water on them is NOT a good way to ensure proper functioning) so I'm a bit
behind on the list. Right now I'm typing this on my roommate's keyboard.
Between my computer troubles and the general insanity of my current
workload, y'all are going to have to give me a little leeway until things
are back on track. Now...on to the pentagram!

     Personally, I feel that summoning something big is the wrong approach.
Too predictable, y'know? Having the pentagram be a source of protection
strikes me as a more interesting way to go about things. Perhaps the
murderers are a group of sorcerors who have already let something very, very
nasty into our world inadvertently. The only way to protect themselves from
this evil spirit is to stay within a pentagram (which is why the actual
sorcerors always sit on sedan chairs which have been decorated with
pentagrams and let their associates/servants/monsters do the dirty work).
However, these guys don't want to have to sit on sedan chairs for the rest
of their lives. If they're going to be jailed inside of a pentagram for the
rest of their lives, they want it to be a big one. Hence the Blessed
killings.

     The thing that they summoned won't appreciate this, of course. It hates
Earth. It hates the universe. And it really hates the pissant hedge
magicians who forced it to come here. Unfortunately for it, it can't
directly affect the sorcerors while they're protected. That's why it is
relying upon its own minions (possibly even the posse) to put an end to this
evil scheme. Whether the entity leaves Earth for parts unknown or decides to
stick around after its tormentors have been dealt with is up to the
Marshall.

                                    ---Ghoull