RE: [DL] Alternative DL figures....

Steve Ellis wrote:

The main  problem is scale. The PEG minitures are
oversized 30mm. while the Foundry are more realistic 25 or 28mm. When I
comparedthe samples with the gunmen from the GRW boxed set, they looked
like pygies. As much as I wanted to, I couldnt use the two types of
models together, without serious visual dissonance.

-snip-

Steve,

I'm not a GRW player as much as a straight RPG player but I'm using a mix of
PEG, Foundry, and Dixon miniatures. While I agree that there's a definite
difference in the scales, they seem to be OK as long as they're not mixed in
groups (like a 5-model GRW posse). The Dixon miniatures are a nice balance
between the two scales coming in at around 28mm+. Dixon has stuff that
Foundry and PEG don't including mounted cowboys/bad guys and vehicles such
as stage coaches, wagons and such. I have their chuck wagon and the model is
excellent quality. They also offer drivers and mule/horse/oxen teams as
required.

Dixon doesn't seem to have a web site but you can get them from
http://www.spiritgames.co.uk I believe. I've been buying them by mail from a
company in Wisconsin (http://www.lastsquare.com).

John "Marshal Sampo" Davis
http://www.conknet.com/~sampo