Re: [DL] persuading against the odds

Patrick Phalen wrote:

> > Again though, what about players that are simply not as
> > articulate?
> > They get SCREWED!
>
> They can get fate chips for roleplaying a "heoric" or
> "curious" hinderance, which they can use for persuasion
> rolls later on...
>
> At least this is what I think he meamnt.
>
> And face it, Deadlands is a game the almost FORCES players
> to role-play.  You stay alive, by getting chips...
>
> Patrick

Yes, but more often than not I believe those Marshals that follow the "Kill 'em all!" philosophy of our
beloved John Goff will use those chances to kill them.

(If I seem extremely down on role-playing at the moment, I've been in a 7th Sea game lately where my
character, an Inishe pugilist, has had his ass handed to him EVERY session, except the last, by a superior
fighter.  By all accounts, namely the book, other players, and the GM, my character is supposed to be bad
news in a fight.  The only two problem I have are dice rolls (I suck at rolling dice unless it would give me
a false sense of hope) and the fact that the GM MUST put us up against someone that rolls 10K5 or MORE
(Sorry to those that are unfamiliar with 7th Sea system, but that is a really good chance of success), and I
playing the hot-headed Inisheman almost always end up in HTH with said monstrosity.
Then, he does his best to make complete psychopathicic & sociopathic badasses when he plays...
It's stuff like this that makes role-players want to make combat machines and go to town.)

--
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves
  on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Lord Jobe, God of Psiberspace (The Landscape of My Mind)
"Universes Exist in My Mind."
ICQ# 17774785