[DL] Re: New Hex Rules Q

In a message dated 3/7/00 11:52:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
deadlands-owner@gamerz.net writes:

> With the new rules how do you determine the level of a hex? I know the
>  old way they were treated as skills but is that still the same?
>
>  For example if I make a huckster under the new rules I know I buy
>  Hexslingin' (lets say at level 5) and I get to choose 5 hexes to start
>  with. What level do these hexes begin at, level 1 and I can buy them up
>  like any other skill?

The hexes themselves no longer have levels, it's based on your Hexslingin
skill.  If you have Hexslingin 4 and a d10 in Spirit, then for a spirit based
hex like Soul Blast you roll 4d10.

By extension you don't buy up a hex, just the hexslingin skill itself.
Increases there apply to all hexes.

Jeff